Posted on: September 24th, 2011 in Heritage Tree Audio Tours, Heritage Tree Details |
The original start of this lilac was brought from Maine to Oregon in 1843 by Mary Charlotte Foster, wife of Philip Foster, partner with Sam Barlow on the Barlow Road. The Fosters sailed around Cape Horn and Mary Charlotte planted the lilac immediately upon her arrival in Oregon City. She moved it five times, replanting it at each of her homes. It was planted in its current location in 1883.
- Approx. height: 25′
- First planted in: 1843
- Dedicated on: April 6, 1998
Visit this tree
It now stands at the Philip Foster Farm, 29912 S.E. Highway 211 in Eagle Creek